Love sourdough? Mystified by making your own? Join me on this introductory course where you will learn to make a loaf to be proud of, and develop a good understanding of the key processes involved in making sourdough.
During the course we will:
- Make a range of sourdough loaves using simple organic ingredients.
- Practice stretching, folding and shaping techniques.
- Have a go at scoring dough.
- Discuss the rise of Real Bread and the history of sourdough.
- Consider your starters’ needs.
- Look at troubleshooting when things go wrong.
- Use essential equipment and consider alternatives.
At the end of your course you will:
- Have a collection of bakes that you have created to bring home with you.
- Receive a starter pot with some of my starter, to get you going.
- Have a printed or digital copy of all recipes used in class.
- Be given guidance notes to maintain your starter and helpful tips.
- Receive a suggested book list, plus other useful resources.
Things to note
- Class times 9:30 – 15.30 weekdays / 10.00 -16:00 weekends
- A light home cooked lunch will be served during your day, as well as refreshments.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 5 participants to ensure you gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- Suitable for beginner’s. No previous experience in bread or baking is expected.
- All students are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Booking your class
- If you are booking for a small group or team and would like a specific date, get in touch to discuss.
- Please familiarise yourself with my terms and conditions, specifically the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
- If you have a gift voucher and want to book your course date please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your gift voucher.
- If you want to buy this course as a gift and would like to give a gift voucher please get in touch with the details (name, postal address / email of the recipient) to email@example.com allowing 2-3 days for this to be actioned.