Love Sourdough bread? Fed up of Sourfaux? Mystified by making your own? Want to be guided through the basics of baking mouthwatering bread? In this full day introduction to sourdough bread course you will learn to make a range of delicious sourdough breads from simple organic ingredients.
Bake a sourdough loaf to be proud of. Learn about the rise of Real Bread. Get to grips with the key ingredients necessary to make good sourdough in this introduction to sourdough bread course. Practice different kneading and shaping techniques to make your loaves. Understand your starters’ needs. How to spot when things go wrong. Have a go at scoring your dough. We will also explore equipment needed to make your sourdough loaf. There will be plenty of time for questions and printed handouts will be given to each participant. This class focusses on gluten based sourdough only.
PLEASE NOTE due to Lockdown 2 Classes are on hold up to December 2nd. After this time they will be restricted to a maximum of 3 and are available to same household bubbles only. I will be offering classes on a flexible basis and therefore have not published dates. If you are interested in any of the classes described – or even something a little different – please get in touch to discuss content and availability.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 participants to ensure you will gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected.
- All students are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes, shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ supper will be served during the course, as well as tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
At the end of your course you will:
- Be presented with a bag of the goodies that you have created.
- Receive a starter pot with some of my starter, to get you going.
- Have a printed copy (or can be sent digitally) of all recipes used in class.
- Be given guidance notes to reproduce the loaves made.
- Receive a bread book reading list, plus suggested online groups to follow and some other treats.
Purchase of a class booking assumes that you have read and accept my terms and conditions, in particular please note the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
How to use your gift Voucher to book this course
To use a gift voucher to book a place on this course please get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your unique voucher reference code and the details of the course (title and date) that you are interested in booking. I will respond to this with an email confirmation, usually within 48 hours of receipt, and will follow up with full joining instructions in the run up to the course. If you do not hear from me within this time frame or your class date is imminent and you want to ensure that the course is running and that your place is secure please contact me on 07814 307457.
If you want to book a specific course date for someone as a gift, please book via the selected course page and select your chosen date adding a note in the comment section that this is a gift. I can prepare a e-gift voucher for the recipient for this specific class on request. Please ensure you include the name of the recipient as you would like it to appear on the voucher. Please allow 48 hours for this to be actioned.