‘Exceeded expectations. Time well spent. Seriously enjoyable’ Marc Moderegger, Basic Bread Making, October 2019
‘No ability before but feel I can now bake bread. Clear and easy to follow’ Maggi Blomley, Basic Bread Making, November 2019
Learn the practicalities and principles of how to bake different kinds of bread. We will discuss the key ingredients to make good bread then mix, knead and shape various doughs. Make a plain white loaf and rolls, seeded rolls, a soda bread and a fougasse. We will explore different rising agents, the best baking conditions and the equipment needed. There will be plenty of time for questions and printed handouts will be given to each participant. This class focusses on gluten based breads only.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 to ensure you will gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected.
- All students are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ supper will be served during the course. And tea, coffee, soft drinks will be readily available
- At the end of the course you will be presented with a bag of goodies created by your own fair hands with recipes, guidance, recommended bread books & web sites to follow and some other treats.
Click here to return to all classes.
Purchase of a class booking assumes that you have read and accept my terms and conditions, in particular please note the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
If you want to book a specific course date for someone as a gift, please book via the selected course page and select your chosen date adding a note in the comment section that this is a gift. I can prepare a e-gift voucher for the recipient for this specific class on request. Please ensure you include the name of the recipient as you would like it to appear on the voucher and allow 3 -4 days for this to be actioned.