Your basket is currently empty!
Delicious, sweet and oh so light! Learn to make the ultimate enriched dough on this half day baking course. I will guide you step by step through the processes involved in making brioche, based on my Silver award-winning (World Bread Awards 2017) Cranberry Brioche. Let’s bake beautiful brioche!
This half day course is aimed at those who love sweet breads and is suitable for complete beginner’s.
This class focusses on gluten based yeasted breads only and will involve eggs, butter and milk.
Maximum class size 4 to ensure a good learning experience.
Get in touch if you would like to book for a small group/team and would like to discuss a larger group, specific date or a course tailored to your needs.
Class times 10:30 – 14.30 weekdays / 11.00 -15:00 weekends / by arrangement
'Fun, useful, productive' Madeline Wetterhahn November 2019
'Excellent' Hettie Sykes October 2019
Love brioche? Join me on this short baking course where you will learn to make a loaf and buns to be proud of. Develop a good understanding of the key processes involved in making delicious brioche.
During the course we will:
- Make a brioche dough from scratch using simple organic ingredients.
- Weigh, mix, knead and rest our dough.
- Follow a classic brioche recipe and look at alternatives.
- Practice shaping techniques for different brioche bakes.
- Experiment with different inclusions, fillings and toppings.
- Look at troubleshooting when things go wrong.
- Use essential equipment and consider alternatives.
At the end of your course you will:
- Have a warm bag of your handmade sweet baked treats and a big smile on your face.
- Receive a printed or digital copy of all recipes used in class.
- Receive a suggested book list, plus other useful resources.
Things to note
- Class times 10:30 – 14.30 weekdays / 11.00 -15:00 weekends / by arrangement
- A light home cooked lunch/snack will be served during your day, as well as other refreshments.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 participants to ensure you gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- Suitable for beginner’s. No previous experience in bread, brioche or baking is expected.
- All participants are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Bring a bag / container to carry your bakes at the end of your session.
- This class focusses exclusively on gluten-based bakes with the inclusion of eggs, milk and butter.
Booking your class
- If you are booking for a small group or team and would like a specific date, get in touch to discuss.
- Please familiarise yourself with my terms and conditions, specifically the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
- If you have a gift voucher and want to book your course date please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your gift voucher and details of the class that you would like to join.
- If you want to buy this course as a gift voucher please get in touch with the details (name, postal address / email of the recipient) to email@example.com allowing 2-3 days for this to be actioned.
Sat 30th Sept, Fri 20th Oct, Sat 11th Nov, Sat 13th Jan 24, Fri 2nd Feb 24, Sat 9th Mar