‘Fun, useful, productive’
Madeline Wetterhahn, Artisan Bakes – Sweet Bakes, November 2019
Hettie Sykes, Artisan Bakes – Sweet Bakes, October 2019
Make artisan bread and other sweet bakes with me on this one day course. Weigh, mix, knead, rest and shape different sweet doughs and choose from a selection of different fillings for your bakes.There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the session as we prepare a brioche dough – based on my award-winning cranberry brioche, a babka and two types of sweet buns. We will discuss ingredients, baking conditions and essential equipment.You will leave with a set of recipes, guidance notes, a warm bag of your handmade sweet baked treats and a big smile on your face. Allergen note: This class focusses exclusively on gluten-based bakes with the inclusion of eggs, milk and butter.
PLEASE NOTE due to Lockdown 2 Classes are on hold up to December 2nd. After this time they will be restricted to a maximum of 3 and are available to same household bubbles only. I will be offering classes on a flexible basis and therefore have not published dates. If you are interested in any of the classes described – or even something a little different – please get in touch to discuss content and availability.
Class Times 10:00 – 15:00 (weekdays) / 12:00 – 17:00 (Saturday dates)
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 to ensure you will gain individual attention and have plenty of time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected just enthusiasm to learn.
- You are actively encouraged to roll your sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ snacks will be served during the course.
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be readily available throughout the day.
- At the end of the course you will be presented with a bag of goodies created by your own fair hands with recipes, guidance, recommended bread books & web sites to follow plus some other treats.
Click here to return to all classes.
Purchase of a class booking assumes that you have read and accept my terms and conditions, in particular please note the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
How to use your gift Voucher to book this course
To use a gift voucher to book a place on this course please get in touch with me on email@example.com quoting your unique voucher reference code and the details of the course (title and date) that you are interested in booking. I will respond to this with an email confirmation, usually within 48 hours of receipt, and will follow up with full joining instructions in the run up to the course. If you do not hear from me within this time frame or your class date is imminent and you want to ensure that the course is running and that your place is secure please contact me on 07814 307457.
If you want to book a specific course date for someone as a gift, please book via the selected course page and select your chosen date adding a note in the comment section that this is a gift. I can prepare a e-gift voucher for the recipient for this specific class on request. Please ensure you include the name of the recipient as you would like it to appear on the voucher. Please allow 48 hours for this to be actioned.