Your basket is currently empty!
Hot Cross Buns & Semlor
Get to grips with enriched doughs on this half day baking course. I will guide you step by step through the processes involved in making a yeasted sweet dough for Hot Cross Buns and Semlor – Swedish Cream Buns. At the end of the class you will get to taste and bring home your bakes.
Celebrate Easter and the advent of spring by baking Hot Cross Buns and some wonderful Swedish Semlor (think cream buns). We will focus on making warming spiced buns made the traditional Hot Cross Buns way with dried fruits – (or chocolate is an option ) and Semlor.
This short course is aimed at those who love sweet buns and is suitable for complete beginner’s or those with some baking experience..
This class focusses on gluten based yeasted breads only and will involve eggs, butter and milk.
Maximum class size 5 to ensure a good learning experience.
Get in touch if you would like to book for a small group/team and would like to discuss a course tailored to your needs for a specific date or small group.
Class times 9:30 – 12.30 weekdays / 10.00 -13:00 weekends
During the course we will:
- Make an enriched dough from scratch using simple organic ingredients.
- Weigh, mix, knead and rest our dough.
- Follow a traditional recipe and look at alternatives
- Practice shaping techniques for buns.
- Experiment with different inclusions.
- Look at troubleshooting when things go wrong.
- Use essential equipment and consider alternatives.
At the end of your course you will:
- Have a warm bag of your handmade sweet buns and a big smile on your face.
- Receive a printed or digital copy of all recipes used in class.
- Receive a suggested book list, plus other useful resources.
Things to note
- Class times 9:30 – 12.30 weekdays / 10.00 -13:00 weekends
- A warm drink and light refreshments will be served during your day, as well as a taste of some of the bakes made..
- Class sizes are small, no more than 5 participants to ensure you gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- Suitable for beginner’s. No previous experience in bread, buns or baking is expected.
- All participants are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Bring a bag / container to carry your bakes at the end of your session.
- This class focusses exclusively on gluten-based bakes with the inclusion of eggs, milk and butter.
Booking your class
- If you are booking for a small group or team and would like a specific date, get in touch to discuss.
- Please familiarise yourself with my terms and conditions, specifically the amendments or cancellation of a class booking.
- If you have a gift voucher and want to book your course date please get in touch on email@example.com with a copy of your gift voucher and details of the class that you would like to join.
- If you want to buy this course as a gift voucher please get in touch with the details (name, postal address / email of the recipient) to firstname.lastname@example.org allowing 2-3 days for this to be actioned.